Saturday, May 29, 2010

Good-bye stress fest, you are no longer welcome here.

finals. check.
RECweek. check.
Begin Summer craziness. Check.

Getting finished with finals is always so gratifying. As soon as I stepped out of that room where I was taking my microbiology final, it felt like I had breathed for the first time in a week and a half. It really was a wonderful day...I woke up that morning and there was that perfect Texas sunshine outside. I felt like I really could not study much more for micro, so I decided to just briefly look over stuff and relax up until my final. I took a walk along the drag, which I rarely ever do...hung out in Whole Earth for a little bit and bought me a new camelback water bottle (which i love!). I then pre-celebrated being done with finals with a yummy Chipotle burrito...and Lawd, it was delicious! After my final, I left for Houston to see my family/Chris and got to celebrate my amazing friend, Amanda's 21st birthday. That day was solid.

------------

I have no idea how to summarize my rec week successfully. I feel like if I had my computer while I was there, I could have easily blogged incredibly long entries each day. It was a perfect way to kick off my summer. I feel refreshed, renewed, and strangely excited about next fall. It was an awesome time to spend with the Lord, learn SO much about His unbelievable power, and have a ridiculous amount of fun with my fellow IVJMers. I think it would be easy to say that week was OOC.

------------

My summer has been a little bit all over the place so far. I've gone from Austin to Houston to Burnet to Austin to San Antonio (to celebrate my BFF, Patrick Farris' 21st birthday!) to Austin to Houston and back to Austin in two days. OUT OF CONTROL. Starting next week, I will hopefully be getting back into a routine of staying in town semi-most of the time.

Summer in Austin = sno beach (best snow cone stand in the world and the perfect cure to 100+ degree Texas heat), barton springs, biking, kayaking on Town Lake, Hamilton pools, hiking, picnics, bananarchy, and tons of other things I never get to do during the school year!

Yes, plz.


p.s. Can an incredibly flexible job fall in my lap magically?


2 comments: